- 1.1. ‘Agreement’ refers to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.2. ‘Company’ means the entity that provides independent tutoring services to Customers according to the defined terms laid out in this Agreement.
- 1.3. ‘Tutor’ is the person, who has agreed to work with the Company on a freelance basis to provide tutoring services under the Company’s terms.
- 1.4. ‘Customer’ is the person who places an Order with the Company to obtain the Product according to his or her requirements and governed by the defined terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement.
- 1.5. ‘Order’ is an electronic request of a paid hour package from the Customer that can be used for further lesson requests.
- 1.6. ‘Order Status’ defines order progress on a particular stage.
- 1.7. ‘Lesson’ is an online session with a tutor in the virtual classroom where Customer gets tutoring services.
- 1.8. ‘Support Team or Support’ is the part of the Company’s organizational structure with the mission to assist and coordinate the Order process.
- 1.9. ‘Quality Assurance Department’ signifies the part of the Company’s organizational structure with the mission to guard and evaluate the quality of Product and service provided.
- 1.10. ‘Credit’ is a return of spent hours on Customer account balance.
- 2.1. The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems. It saves the Customer from the risk of having the credit card data disclosed. The Company, however, does not fully guarantee any disclosures of the credit card data that may occur beyond its control and/or without its fault.
- 2.2. Certain pages on the Company’s web site require the Customer to provide the Customer’s name, e-mail address, home address or phone number ( for example, when filling in the order-form). The Company does not use this information for any other purpose than verification and to contact the Customer with regards to the Order. All additional files provided by the Customer in order to pass the Verification Process are deleted from the Company’s database right after verification is completed.
- 2.3. Direct contact between the Customer and the Tutor is allowed only in the classroom, messaging system, and only concerning the requested lesson subject. It is forbidden to negotiate with tutors about any tutoring service aside from tutors-class.net. In this case we are not responsible for any cheating or incorrect action from the both sides of the tutor or the customer.
- 2.4. Information provided by the Customer in Lesson description and in additional files needed for the lesson immediately becomes visible for the Tutors once lesson is requested. The Company is not responsible for the information voluntarily disclosed by the Customer when requesting a lesson and highly encourages the Customer to avoid including any personal or billing information (i.e. Customer’s phone number, email address etc.) as well as disclosing the Customer’s identity when communicating with the Tutor through the Messaging System.
3. Nature of Product and Terms of Usage
- 3.1. The Company offers a service that locates suitably qualified experts for the provision of independent personalized tutoring services in various subjects provided to the Customer to assist in the completion of the Customer’s assignments or academic obligations. Thus, it is understood that the Company does not make any guarantees regarding Customer’s grades as an outcome or consequence of getting online lesson with a tutor. The purpose of this Agreement is strictly to provide the Customer with knowledge in the specified subject area and on the specified theme according to the Customer’s instructions. The Company is also not responsible for failure on the part of the Customer to learn the material covered by the lesson requested. Though the Customer may complain on inappropriate quality of the lesson provided by the tutor and the Quality Assurance Department will investigate the case.
4. Order Process
- 4.1. Placing an Order. When filling in an Order form, it is the sole responsibility of the Customer to register using a valid email address and to provide a correct phone number where the Customer can be reached (preferably both – home and mobile). There may be multiple occasions during Order preparation when establishing contact with the Customer is crucial. Failure to provide a valid email address or a correct phone number may affect lesson completion and will result in a violation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This may lead to forfeiture of any claim to the implied warranty or guarantee by the Customer.
- 4.2. Instructions. Because the Company works based on Customer’s lesson description, these description must be clear and precise. Instructions and requests must be provided before a tutor is assigned to the Lesson. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a violation of this Agreement and forfeiture of any claim to the implied warranty or guarantee.
- 4.3. Sources. The Tutor is allowed to use any relevant source available for the lesson – books, journals, newspapers, interviews, online publications etc., unless the Customer mentions some particular sources to be used or others to be ignored.
5. Lesson Request process
- 5.1. the Customer may request a lesson on any time but not earlier than in 12 hours after the lesson request.
- 5.2. the Customer may cancel the lesson anytime but not later than 1 hour before the lesson start
- 5.3. the minimum lesson duration is 15 minutes. If the lesson lasts less than 15 minutes, the Customer account balance will be reduced on 15 minutes anyway. The maximum lesson duration is not limited. Though we inform that the average lesson duration is 1 hour. If the Customer needs Lesson longer than 1 hour, he/she should specify this fact in lesson description field.
- 5.4. the lesson duration is tracked every 5 minutes.
- 5.5. if the Customer or the Tutor experience problems with connection to the classroom, the opposite side will wait for 5 minutes. In 5 minutes the lesson will be automatically cancelled (closed). Then you need to request a new lesson.
- 5.6. if the customer doesn’t have the minimum of 15 minutes at his/her account balance, he/she will be unable to request new lesson or start already requested lesson, until the account balance is refilled.
6. Refund Policy.
- 6.1. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the service provided, you may request a refund. If our quality assurance department confirms that the quality of tutoring is not up to standard, then we guarantee to credit back you the time spent on the lesson to your account.
- 6.2. If a scheduled lesson was not completed because of any technical issue, we guarantee to credit back you the time spent on the lesson to your account.
- 6.3. If you ordered Trial package by mistake, and want to cancel the order before you created any lesson request – you may request full refund.
- 6.4. If you wish to cancel the Trial package order after you have already requested a lesson and a tutor started lesson preparation – we will refund you $4, as $5 will be a compensation for tutor work and administrative expenses.
- 6.5. If the customer wants to cancel the purchase of any other package, we guarantee to refund the cost of unused hours, excluding the price of used hours (1 hour costs $20), and excluding 10% of package price sent on administrative expenses (but not less than $5). No refund is given if less than 50% of package minutes are left at Customer account.
- 6.6. If our quality assurance department finds a conflict between the complaint raised by a customer and the quality of the tutoring provided, then the refund request may be declined, or a partial refund may be given instead of a full refund. This may happen if we find the user’s complaint is based on subject material that they were notified of beforehand, or if we feel that the quality of tutoring is up to standard, and not in-line with the complaint.
- 6.7. All refunds are possible within 30 days after the first payment for the package. Unused hours cannot be refunded after tutoring package is expired. They will be reactivated at your account when you refill the balance.
- 6.8. We do not guarantee any grades. Our tutors provide you with knowledge only. Refund because of bad grade is not possible.
- 6.9. If you ask a tutor to take or to help you to take online tests, quizes, or exams, both time-framed or non-time-framed, without preliminary preparation, and you are not satisfied with the quality – such lessons are not refundable.
- 6.10. If you are successful with a complaint and you receive a partial or full refund from tutors-class.com, then you will be refunded within 14 days of the date in which the lesson was requested.
- 6.11. We guarantee that lesson requests made 8 hours ahead of time will be honored. However, more urgent lesson requests cannot be guaranteed and will not be refunded.
- 6.12. Lessons provided as instantly available tutoring are not refundable. If you are not satisfied with the lesson, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your grounded complaint with exact prooves of bad-quality study. If our quality assurance department confirms that the quality of tutoring is not up to standard, then we guarantee to credit back you the time spent on the lesson to your account. If our quality assurance department finds a conflict between the complaint raised by a customer and the quality of the tutoring provided, then the refund request may be declined, or a partial refund may be given instead of a full refund. This may happen if we find the user’s complaint is based on subject material that they were notified of beforehand, or if we feel that the quality of tutoring is up to standard, and not in-line with the complaint.
- 6.13. All refunds and cancellations should be communicated and expressed in writing by using the Order Messaging System or by e-mailing the Support Team. In the unlikely event that the Customer is not satisfied with the lesson, the Customer may request to credit back minutes spent on the lesson. It is the sole discretion of the Company to approve or disapprove any request on an individual case to case basis.
- 7.1. The Company reserves the right to cancel any paid Order at its own determination or decision in case there is lack of cooperation/communication from the Customer’s side that affects Order completion or a suspicion by the Company that the Customer is engaged in a fraudulent activity. The Company does not guarantee reimbursement in the circumstances described above. Each case is analyzed separately and final decision depends on the number of factors. The Company shall have sole discretion to take action based on the particular circumstances of each case.
8. Satisfaction Guarantee
- 8.1. The requested lessons are guaranteed to be held in a timely manner. Lessons are taken by the most professional tutors.
- 8.2. If the Customer needs to cancel a Lesson, it may be done at any time but not later than 1 hour before the lesson start.
- 8.3. In case of a credit request due to bad quality of the Lesson, the Customer must provide strong reasons, and examples to back up the claim for return. Only after an extended list of violations is provided, will the request for return be forwarded to the Quality Assurance Department for further investigation and request approval. Please note that the Company can also ask for additional materials or evidence to support the request. Quality Assurance Department reserves the right to decline credit inquiry if aforementioned information or documents are not provided when the request is made.
- 8.4. If the credit request is not received within seventy-two (72) hours after Lesson completion it is to be assumed that the Customer is satisfied with the Product and the Customer will not be eligible for any credited minutes.
- 8.5. The Company shall not be responsible for failure of the Customer to learn the material covered by the Product or for improper usage of research contained therein and no refund shall be made by the Company in case the Customer receives a failing grade. For more details see section 2.1.
- 8.6. Store Credits accepted by the Customer as a compensation for any occurred inconveniences are non-refundable.
- 8.7. The Company reserves the right to contact the Customers by email regarding new services, discounts, special offers and any other information that the Company may deem useful for the Customers.
9. Waiver of Breach
- 9.1. No waiver by the Company of any breach of this Agreement by the Customer shall be held to be a waiver of any other or subsequent breach. All remedies afforded in this Agreement shall be taken and construed as cumulative, that is, in addition to every other remedy provided herein or by law.
- 9.2. The failure of the Company to insist on a strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be deemed a waiver of the rights or remedies that the Company may have regarding that specific instance only, and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of default in any terms and conditions.
- 10.1. The Company reserves the right to modify, amend, revise or otherwise change any and all provisions of this Agreement. The Customer expressly agrees to be bound by any subsequent modification, amendment, revision or changes as contemplated herein, by the continued rendition of services by the Company. It shall be the obligation of the Customer to review this Agreement for changes from time to time, since any changes are reflected in this section of the website.
11. Miscellaneous Provisions
- 11.1. Entire Agreement – This Agreement contains the entire stipulations between the Customer and the Company, and no statements, promises, or inducements made by either party or agent of either party that are inconsistent herein shall be valid or binding, unless expressly authorized under this Agreement. This Agreement may not be enlarged, modified, or altered except in writing signed by the parties and indorsed on this Agreement. This Agreement shall supersede all previous communications, representations, or agreements, either verbal or written, between the Customer and the Company.
- 11.2. Severability – It is understood and agreed by the Customer that if any part, term, or provision of this Agreement is held by the courts to be illegal or in conflict with any law of the state where made, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions shall not be affected, and the rights and obligations of the Customer shall be construed and enforced as if the Agreement did not contain the particular part, term, or provision held to be invalid.
- 11.3. Law Governing – It is mutually understood and agreed that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the place where the Company holds its principal place of business, both as to interpretation and performance, or in any other place at the determination of the Company.
- 11.4. Place of Suit – Any action or other judicial proceeding for the enforcement of this Agreement or any of its provisions shall be instituted in the courts of competent jurisdiction in the place where the Company holds its principal place of business or in any other place at the determination of the Company.